Venice Palace; It was built on 1782 in Beyoğlu Tophane Tomtom Kaptan Street, on the Rumeli side of the Bosphorus. Venice Palace, one of the oldest embassy buildings of Beyoğlu, was previously owned by the Testa family, was bought by Venetians from Testa, and the current building was built in 1695. Balyos Andréa Memmo, who served as an embassy between 1777 and 1781, wanted to demolish the building and build a new embassy palace, but the Venetian Government did not attempt it. For this reason, he had the building repaired in cooperation with Polish priest Jean-Chrysos-Tome Orlovski, who understood architecture well. Balyos Andréa Memmo, who is also interested in architecture, paid attention to building a building in a style similar to the Venetian palaces of the embassy. Orlovski worked until mid-1782, and in the end the beautiful building today was built at that time. Venice Palace was repaired in 1853, 1887 and 1891.
Upon signing the Campo Formio agreement in 1897 and terminating the Republic of Venice by Napoléon Bonaparte, Venice Palace was occupied by French ambassadors in 1801 and the building was used by the French. Later, in 1815, the Vienna Congress and the building of Venice Austria, the Venice Palace in Istanbul became a structure used by the Austrians this time. After the Mondros Armistice, the Austrian ambassadors remained here until Istanbul was occupied by the Entente States. The Italians, who had the opportunity to obtain the Venice Palace in this period, could not use the building in Nişantaşı as an embassy at all. The building has been used as a school for many years. Venice Palace, after being in the hands of different nations for more than a century, became the original owner. Today, the building is used as the residence of Italy's Ankara Ambassador in Istanbul.